James Lewis Ltd
James Lewis Ltd
Our client, a large Nigerian construction company are looking to employ an Estimator for their office in Lagos.
Salary: Negotiable, circa $4,000 per month
Secure Accommodation, Use of car with local driver, Local currency allowance, Local medical and life insurance etc.
Responsible for Projects and controls construction costs by collecting and studying data;
Provides informed prediction regarding how much money it will take to see the project through to completion and how much time it will take to complete the project.
- Junior Estimators
- Commercial Director (Indirectly)
- Estimating and Cost Control Manager (Directly)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Consistently look to source tenders through various avenues open to the industry.
- When tenders arrive, assess the type of tender, client and closing date of tender to determine prioritisation of all tenders.
- Review and assess tenders ensuring all tender documents are received and are correct.
- Review tender documents assessing scope, risks involved, tender complexity etc. and provide feedback to the Commercial Manager.
- In- conjunction with Quantity Surveyors, conduct site inspections for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in the tender documents.
- Calculate and prepare quantities in conjunction with the Quantity Surveyors.
- Source subcontractors & suppliers capable of complying with tender in coordination with Quantity Surveyor, Purchasing Officer and other Estimators and send out subbies packs.
- Compile letter of offer, tender schedules, program and other items required by the tender.
- Once tender is completed, incorporate all relevant details, forward to Executive Management for review and approval prior to submission.
- Liaise with client on an on-going basis to determine progress of tender.
- Compile relevant tender information into Benchmark & estimate price.
- Make tender amendments where applicable utilising client feedback on submitted tender.
- In-conjunction with the Projects Director, review contract details relevant to the company’s ability to deliver under the contract.
- Provide feedback to Executive Management regarding commercial contract exposure on the proposed project.
- Once tender has been successful co-ordinate and arrange for contract exchange.
- In conjunction with the Quantity Surveyors and co-estimator, prepare handover material of tender for the project team
- Co-ordinate and conduct “Handover” meeting with the project team, providing detailed briefing of the tender requirements.
- As necessary provide support and respond to tender queries made by project team personnel.
- Continually seek and identify new /alternative business opportunities or initiatives which may impact on the overall competitiveness, profitability and growth of the Business.
- Keep up to date and abreast of industry factors that may impact on the business.
- Identify new and existing clients that can assist in the proactive promotion of the company providing feedback to Senior Management.
- In-conjunction with Quantity Surveyors, prepare procedures and work instructions.
- Ensure that procedures and work instructions are consistent with changes.
- In-conjunction with Quantity Surveyors, regularly review procedures / work instructions etc for currency, productivities and methodologies.
- Any other duty assigned by Management.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Total cost savings
- Cost avoidance
- Implemented cost reduction savings
- Estimating Cycle time
- Estimation ROI
- Contract compliance
- Field construction experience is highly desirable.
- Experience and knowledge of Estimating software-Summit;Candy
- A good university degree in Quantity Survey
- Professional membership of local/foreign registered Quantity Survey body